Kindred Ink Press is holding open submissions for stories in the 20-40K word range set in the November/December holiday season and include the spirit of the season to be published as standalone stories. Like everything Kindred, romance doesn’t need to be the main focus of the story, but we would like a HEA or HFN.
Submitted stories must be new and previously unpublished on any platform, but can be part of or a spinoff of an existing series within the Kindred world.
The Kindred team will handle the full publishing process, but we ask that you submit your best work to ease the process.
Submission deadline: July 15, 2018
Decisions made by: August 1, 2018
Projected release dates: late October through mid December 2018
- Only full manuscripts will be considered. Query or summary not necessary for this call.
- Word count must be in the 20,000-40,000 range.
- Submitted stories must be new and previously unpublished on any platform.
- Stories must fit Kindred’s general submission guidelines (Sweet-to-Heat level, language in dialogue, etc.) which can be found at http://kindredinkpress.com/submissions.
- All submissions must be in English (native to the story – US, UK, Australian, Canadian).
- Each author may submit one (1) story for this holiday submission call.
- Submissions must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font.